The Wire Operator-I will serve as an expert on wire fabrication machinery, auxiliary equipment and processing. Good troubleshooting skills required. Responsible for set-up, changeover and troubleshooting.
- Setup, start-up and process wire manufacturing machines in accordance with standard work.
- Ensure all secondary equipment is setup and running properly.
- Communicate all malfunction of equipment or tooling to the proper support department.
- Complete all documentation pertaining to machine setup and cleaning/prepping.
- Material handling and quality checks.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the setup and adjustments of tooling, machinery and auxiliary equipment. Document changes to cycles and job log / process control forms during setup/start-up.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Required to have good visual acuity to perform activities such as; visual inspection, operation of machines and using measurement devices.
- Be conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
- Capable of reading and understanding blue prints.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the resolution of day-to-day production issues.
- Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma is required.
- Technical degree is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience in ISO 9001, lean manufacturing, 5S, and process troubleshooting is a plus
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
- Basic computer skills.
- No direct supervisory requirements.
- Responsible for workflow, answering job-related questions, and project participation.
- Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, current, working on exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools.
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Location: Corporate Headquarters in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
- General Hours: 6am – 3pm
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.