To perform inspection operations using established procedures and a variety of test techniques. Will be capable of maintaining accurate records of inspection results and be able to communicate and interact effectively with team members.
• Perform detailed inspections at different phases of production throughout the manufacturing process.
• Records test/inspection/audit data to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
• Inspects and measures parts for production, process validation and support of engineering and quality investigations.
• Maintains measurement records.
• Read dials, meters, and screen profiles to see if equipment is functioning properly.
• Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
• Position or connect parts or instruments for testing or operation; use tools or equipment for inspection purposes.
• Inspect goods as they are finished.
• Examine materials from suppliers before sending them to production line.
• Test and measure products in a quality laboratory.
• Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
• Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
• Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
• Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
• Required to have good visual acuity to perform activities such as visual inspection and using measurement devices.
• Team player, ability to work with a variety of manufacturing and support personnel.
• Capable of performing measurements.
• Attentive to detail, accurate and concise. Able to keep neat and organized records and files.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good documentation and writing skills for reporting results.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Compare product or material with color chart, template, or sample to ensure consistency.
• Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma is required.
• Technical degree is a plus. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
• Basic computer skills (MS Office).
• No direct supervisory requirements.
• Responsible for workflow, answering job-related questions, and project participation.
• Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
• Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, current, working on exposure to heat or exposure to chemicals.
• Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools and computer. Lifting weight up to 30 pounds maybe required.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.