The Warehouse Supervisor oversees and coordinates the daily warehousing, shipping and receiving activities. The position plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production. Ensures the smooth and efficient operations of shipping and receiving and is responsible for coordinating the activities engaged in material handling, shipping, storage and transportation.
• Ensures products are distributed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow as required.
• Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts, reconciling variances and inputting appropriate data.
• Keeps equipment operating through proper operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, scheduling preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
• Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in shipping, receiving and dispatching.
• Overseeing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments.
• Determining shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules. Arranges transportation that optimizes service and cost.
• Checks incoming materials and notifies appropriate staff of potential quality issues.
• Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with good safety practices. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse. Organizes and maintains inventory and storage area.
• Measures and reports on the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance.
• Identifies areas of improvement and establishes new or adjusted existing work procedures and practices.
• Interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse and shipping/receiving associates.
• Ensures appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
• Facilitates the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
• Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
• Perform other related duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
• Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
• Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
• Ability to use management tools in normal job function to handle multiple tasks with proper prioritization, ability to be able to give direction and instruction to others.
• Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment, with 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
• Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
• Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Knowledge of warehouse software packages.
• Have a working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
• Knowledge of bar code technology and electronic data interchange.
• This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
• Responsible for workflow, training for employees, and answering job-related questions.
• Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of computer.
• Location: Corporate Headquarters in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
• General Hours: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (or as appropriate to accomplish customer satisfaction)
• Key Stakeholders: Sales, Purchasing, Scheduling, Quality, Manufacturing
• No travel required.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.