We are a small but growing local manufacturing company looking for an account receivable / accounting associate to join our team.
The work is fast paced and at times complex. NAFTA (Import/Export) experience is desirable but not required as we will train.
Reports To: Asst. Controller
- Daily processing of invoices.
- Apply all daily cash receipts from customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research any payment discrepancies including communication with customer contacts and in-house staff.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email and/or mail to resolve payment issues
- Keep detailed logs of any pending issues with cash application and actions to close the issue.
- Perform account reconciliations and generate age analysis.
- Prepare and distribute sales report for all facilities.
- Scan and file invoices and cash receipt journals.
- Ensure integrity to the G/L accounting distribution for cash receipts, invoices and A/R adjustments as it relates to the activity in the receivables sub-ledger.
- Run and analyze reports for free trade agreement eligibility.
- Preparation of NAFTA and other trade agreement certificates.
- A/P and other misc. data entry.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments including front office operations.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently with minimal error rate.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred Minimum 1-3 years of accounts receivable experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (intermediate).
- Experience running queries in Excel or Access, data mining out of ERP systems.
- Please include blurb about benefits.
- No direct supervisory requirements
- Office: Typical office environment.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of computer.
- Location: Corporate Headquarters in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
- General Hours: 8 am – 4:30 pm (or as appropriate to accomplish customer satisfaction)
- Key Stakeholders: Executive Leadership Team, Sales, Customers
- TRAVEL; Limited travel < 5%.
BENEFITS: (available after 90 days)
- You and your dependents are eligible to participant in the Whitney Blake benefits plan (health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k), subject to annual terms.
- Personal time off equal to 120 hours per year (2-weeks of vacation, plus 5 sick days).
- Medical Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP Heath
- Dental – Delta Dental
- Vision – VSP
- Life – 1X Salary, AD&D, LTD and STD (100% Employer paid)
- 401K – John Hancock (100% match on first 4% of employee contribution, 50% match on next 2% of employee contribution).
NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE AVAILABLE
NO WORK PERMITS SPONSORED
CANDIDATE MUST BE US CITIZEN or LEGAL RESIDENT WITH NO WORK RESTRICTIONS
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.