To perform inspection operations using established procedures and a variety of electrical-chemical-mechanical test techniques. To be able to interpret quality requirements that will consist of prints, customer specs, and schematics. Will be capable of maintaining accurate records of inspection results and be able to communicate and interact effectively with others.
- Perform detailed inspections at different phases of production throughout the manufacturing process.
- Prepares quality documentation and maintains quality records.
- Prepares and maintains test/inspection/audit data records.
- Inspects and measures parts for production, process validation and support of engineering and quality investigations.
- Read dials, meters, and screen profiles to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Help develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality standards and evaluation methods for products and processes;
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics; may establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
- Position or connect parts or instruments for testing or operation; use tools or equipment for inspection purposes.
- Prepares and maintains inspect criteria to document conformance of outbound material documentation and procedures.
- Inspect goods as they are finished. Ensure quality of manufactured goods. Perform quick visual inspections.
- Examine materials from suppliers before sending them to production line.
- Administer training needs for new and existing employees.
- Communicate all pertinent operational and performance data to other shift personnel and management.
- Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- Manage equipment calibration and records for facility assigned to.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Team player, ability to work with a variety of manufacturing and support personnel. Fully capable of communicating with key stakeholders, collecting critical inputs and facilitate collective solutions.
- High confidence of being capable of performing measurements with indicators, calipers as well as other industry standard testing equipment, and ability to detect attribute defects.
- Perform various computer related tasks and programs including but not limited to: Excel, Microsoft Access, Word, and/or others related to the Quality Improvement Department.
- Attentive to detail, accurate and concise. Able to keep neat and organized records and files.
- Use strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot test, measure, and analyze products in a quality laboratory.
- High level of technical expertise in Quality Assurance standards and document control.
- Understanding of metrology, inspection techniques and sampling plans.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good documentation and writing skills for reporting results
- Leadership skills, ability to coach and train other technicians.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates.
- Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience in a quality assurance role.
- Experience working with measurement devices of both electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule. Preferred:
- Associate degree in general science or technical discipline. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of UL and CSA requirements in the Wire & Cable industry
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma software and SPC software
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification.
- Sound computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Working knowledge of Mini-Tab or equivalent statistical analysis programs is a plus.
- No direct supervisory requirements.
- Responsible for workflow, production, training for new employees, answering job-related questions, and project participation.
- Manufacturing: Work involves close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances with area time of 60%.
- Office: Typical office environment with area time of 40%
- General Hours (between): 7 am – 4 pm
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools. Lifting weight up to 50 pounds maybe required
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.