Reports To: Plant Manager / Operations Manager
The Production Supervisor provides hands-on direction to manufacturing work teams to achieve timely execution of daily production goals. The position ensures that production jobs run as planned, within quality criteria, at standard times or better. This shall be accomplished by partnering with engineering, quality assurance and maintenance regarding resolution to tooling, equipment and processing challenges.
- Supervises the activities of manufacturing personnel and oversees most day to day operations of group.
- Exceed customer satisfaction and product quality expectations by ensuring the prompt resolution of production quality issues, the deployment of preventative counter measures and by championing a quality centric culture amongst the manufacturing team.
- Apply sound troubleshooting methodologies in the investigation and corrective action of root cause as they pertain to equipment, processes and/or product.
- Utilize basic data analysis methodologies with production performance data collection initiatives throughout manufacturing to identify productivity improvement and waste reduction opportunities.
- Responsibilities include; training employees, assigning tasks, and directing work.
- Prepare and process documentation to include specification changes, change request forms, deviations and standard operating procedures.
- Optimize labor usage and assist in determining correct staffing based upon production schedules.
- Maintain clean and orderly work environment deploying Lean-5S techniques.
- Supervise training needs for new and existing employees.
- Communicate all pertinent operational and other data to other shift personnel and management.
- Maintain high morale by having open lines of communication and respond to needs as best as possible.
- Perform other related duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Possess the ability to teach others effectively.
- Capability to work independently, handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
- Utilization of Lean disciplines. PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) experience is important.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills necessary for leading others and working with the public.
- Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in a technical discipline. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 5 years of experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Lean training with demonstrated application experience is a plus.
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Have a good working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Direct supervisory requirements, approximately 20 manufacturing associates.
- Responsible for workflow, training for new employees, and answering job-related questions.
- Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools (or computer).
- Location: Bellows Falls, Vermont. General Hours: 1st shift 6:30am – 2:30pm, 2nd shift 2:30pm – 10:30pm
- Key Stakeholders: Executive Leadership Team, Sales, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing
- TRAVEL; Limited travel < 5%.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.