Reports To: Production Manager, Team Leader.
Harness Assembly Associate – I Assembles, cuts, crimps, strips, terminates wire/cable, tests product built.
- Verify accuracy of job order documentation and purchased parts and current revision level.
- Follow print instructions for assembly operation.
- Operate all hand, electric or pneumatic tools required in the job assembly.
- Operate mechanical testers as required.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Must be available for overtime as required.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Required to have good visual acuity to perform activities such as visual inspection, operation of machines and using measurement devices.
- Be conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
- Capable of reading, understanding and following all job instructions.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the resolution of day-to-day production issues.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and always be well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma is required.
- Technical degree is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Experience in ISO 9001, lean manufacturing, 5S, and process troubleshooting is a plus
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
- No direct supervisory requirements.
- Responsible for workflow and answering job-related questions.
- Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of tools (or computer).
- Location: Lovell Drive, Bellows Falls, VT
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.