Reports To: Materials Manager
POSITION SUMMARY –
The Sr. Production Scheduler position plans and establishes production schedules. Monitors stock materials inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules. The production scheduler is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilizes the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
- Forecast, plan and manage production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Keeps up with demand, forecasts other company needs, and ensures the company is ready to ship product at all times.
- Makes sure that each day’s scheduled run of items occurs without incident.
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements and makes suggestions to optimize efficiencies.
- Manages stock finished goods inventory levels and schedules availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules. Conducts periodic checks of inventory and replenishes as required.
- Completes delivery date input during sale order reviews. Answers termination or cancellation requests from sales.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report.
- Updating and maintaining ERP system, by posting work-in-process, completed by wire production.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Analyze and resolve scheduling issues that would cause production delays.
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure timely material availability, and anticipate delays.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments with suppliers.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and business practices to include industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Perform other related duties as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound problem solving/analysis, technical capacity and decision making skills.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with suppliers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
- Negotiating Skills: Ability to work with suppliers to create the best deals.
- Capable of influencing key stakeholders, collecting critical inputs and facilitate collective solutions.
- Capability to work independently, handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
- Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for candidate who can demonstrate capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications
- Strong MS Excel skills with capability to efficiently organize and analyze data within the software.
- Have a sound working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- No direct supervisory requirements.
- Responsible for workflow, training for new employees, and answering job-related questions.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Location: Corporate Headquarters in Bellows Falls, Vermont.
- General Hours: 8 am – 5 pm (or as appropriate to accomplish customer satisfaction)
- Key Stakeholders: Executive Leadership Team, Sales, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing
- TRAVEL; Limited travel < 5%.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.