JD Revision Date 05/31/2017
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
The shipping and receiving clerk position assists in performing inventory management for incoming and outgoing company products and parts necessary to manufacturing of products. This position helps to ensure that inbound and outbound shipments meet customer and company standards. Additionally, the shipping and receiving clerk assists in verify that a count of items being shipped and received are accurate, as well as assists in ensuring that monthly inventory counts are performed correctly. In all tasks, shipping coordinators must meet company safety standards to ensure the work environment is safe for themselves and their team.
- Assists with incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificate of conformance and reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation.
- Notifies and/or delivers incoming product to end user.
- Completes daily receiving entries in computer system. Distributes to purchasing office for filing.
- Assists in managing raw material and critical supply inventories, including maintenance and cleaning of inventory area, inventory organization and racking, inventory cycle counting and reporting, monthly inventory accounting. Actual physical counts of raw material and tag controls required.
- Assists in managing outbound shipments, including preparation of sequentially numbered paper work in software accounting system, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services. UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively and understood for summary reporting on request.
- Additionally, shipping and receiving clerk assists in making sure that all paperwork for shipped and received items are filed correctly in accordance with company standards.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked and store items in an orderly and accessible manner in proper location.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, marking tools or other labeling equipment.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust for errors.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items or return them to vendors.
- Distributes documentation, including transfer of all original documents, to purchasing supervisor for distribution.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas; includes hands-on cleaning and maintenance along with organization and interpersonal skills to coordinate with other department and outside waste disposal vendor.
- This position provides back up to the Shipping and Receiving Co-ordinator.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of company policies and business practices including industry standards, Good Manufacturing Practices,
- ISO requirements, health and safety.
- Operate lift trucks or hand trucks to convey or move materials to proper departments or areas.
- Team player capable of successfully interacting at all levels with customers, peers, seniors & subordinates in the successful resolution of day-to-day business issues.
- Solid communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with proper prioritization.
- Capability to work independently, handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
- Show strong work ethic necessary for leading by example, miss work rarely and will be always well-presented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma.
- 3-5 years of experience working with in a warehouse environment.
- 1 or more years as a shipping/receiving coordinator is a plus.
- Ability to work hours, as required, that are appropriate to completing projects and tasks on schedule.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Windows, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages is a plus.
- Have a basic knowledge of ERP / MRP systems.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Manufacturing: Work involves use of manufacturing equipment or close proximity to equipment. May be exposure to some routine manufacturing related substances.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Recurring physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, crouching and use of computer.
- Location: Bellows Falls, or Springfield Vermont facility.
- General Hours: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (or as appropriate to accomplish customer satisfaction)
- Key Stakeholders: Materials, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing
- No Travel Required.
This description is representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to carry out the requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.